We collect some personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. It includes, but is not just limited to, your name, phone number, postal address, email address and other information that by itself or in combination with other information, can be used to identify you. However, it does not include any information that, by itself, does not permit identification.
We may require certain information about you such as your name, email address and mobile number. For example, if you communicate with us by our app, mobile or through email, we may collect any information provided in such communication.
We collect information that your browser or device sends us whenever you visit our platform. This includes information such as your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, geolocation and domain servers, device ID & model number, details of your operating system, and other related information and we also collect data related to the specific pages that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, default language and user preferences, and other similar usage related statistics.
We access information via cookies when you visit our platform. Cookies are files with small amounts of data which are transferred to your browser or device that allow our systems to recognise your browser or device and capture certain information. The cookies we send to your browser or device may also include anonymous unique identifiers, which we may use to collect data about your device, to create and store a unique identity for you for the purposes of fraud prevention, security or authentication. Most browsers and devices are by default set up to accept cookies. You may reset your settings to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Apart from all the information listed above, we do not collect any sensitive information such as personal data, educational data, financial data, political opinions, health-related information or any information related to gender, race, caste, language or religion unless it is provided by you voluntarily or required by provisions of any applicable law.
Use of Information
We use your information collected for the following purposes:
- To combine your other information with information obtained from other sources.
- To provide you with the better functionalities of the Platform.
- To send you notifications about any updates or developments regarding the Platform.
- To provide support services through email, phone, notifications or messages within the Platform.
- To keep track of your usage and customise it accordingly to suit your preferences.
- To provide technical support including updates.
- To improve the platform's quality, features and functionality.
- To provide back up and ensure preparedness for disaster recovery of your system.
- To protect rights and property of ours and our other users.
- For auditing, research and analysis to ensure the stability of the Platform.
Storage of Information
- Your data and information collected may be stored and processed on computer systems and by using our Platform you consent to the processing and storage of your information outside of your own jurisdiction. You understand and agree that we may continue to store your information after you cease to use the Platform or disable your use of the Platform.
- Some of your information is stored on your device or browser for retrieval and usage. Such information is subject to security offered by your device, browser and other components. You have to understand and agree that we cannot be held responsible for any compromise of access to your personal browser or device, for loss of information, theft or for any exploits or logic attacks on your browser or device that is outside the control of our Platform.
- Your information's security is important to us, but you have to understand that no method of electronic storage or method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure. While we work hard to use commercially acceptable and standard means to protect your information we cannot guarantee 100% security in this regard. You provide your information to us at your own risk and consent.
Sharing & Disclosure of Information
We may share your information with third-parties in the following circumstances:
- When sharing or disclosure of your information is needed to help you prevent fraud or the violation of any applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or treaty. We will never sell your information to any unaffiliated third-parties without your approval.
- We may use external advertising companies to provide advertisements when you have visited our Platform. These companies may use anonymised information about your visits to the Platform and other websites to provide advertisements about products or services that may be of interest to you.When sharing or disclosure of your information is necessary to operate the Platform.
- When we have been purchased by a third-party.
Retention of information
- When you deactivate our Platform, we archive your information and store archived information in our secure database for the purposes of our records. If there is any Sensitive Personal Information collected by us it shall be destroyed upon such deactivation.
Manage & Delete Information
- Your collected data is stored for as long as it is necessary to provide better products and services to you and others.
- Your account related information will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services. You can delete your account any time.
- When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted, such as your posts.
- If you do not want to delete your account, but want to temporarily stop using Janta24, you may deactivate your account instead.
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us personal information, immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that We will be able to do necessary actions.
This policy is effective as of 2021-07-14